23 Sep 2018
314 ALARM PORK STEAK & BACON CHILI
314 Alarm Pork Steak & Bacon Chili
- 2.5 pounds Pork Steak, cut into ¾-inch dice
- 8 ounces bacon, thick-cut, (5 or 6 slices), cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, cut into ½ -inch dice
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ cup 314 Hot Sauce
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans, drained
- ½ cup 314 Wing Sauce (optional, follow link for recipe)
- ½ cup Sour Cream (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally until crisp (8 to 10 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the bacon fat and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent (6 to 8 minutes).
- Stir in the chili powder, coriander, cumin, tomato paste and paprika.
- Stir in the tomatoes (with their juices), 314 Hot Sauce, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pork is tender (35 to 45 minutes).
- Stir in the beans and about 2/3 of the bacon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Add salt to taste. Serve the chili garnished with the remaining bacon, sour cream and scallions.
Posted on Categories :
Posted on Products :
314 Hot Sauce